Saturday, May 7, 2011

[M]y [A]dorable [M]other's [A]ffection

Mama and Me
Before I was a Mom
I never thought of buying toys or singing a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my hands are dirty and the house is safe and clean.
But you were there to give me Support.


Before I was a Mom
I never thought about immunizations, changing diapers, making meals, and feeding a hungry baby.
I always had a complete sense of sanity and control of my mind and self.
But you were there to give me Awareness.

Before I was a Mom
I never thought of holding a sick and screaming child so that doctor could do tests or give shots.
I never thought of looking into teary eyes and made my heart break into a million pieces.
I never thought of crying if I couldn’t stop the hurt.
But you were there to give me Comfort.

Before I was a Mom
I never thought of having an intense feeling of happiness over a simple grim or chuckle.
I never thought of holding a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never thought of staying up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
I never thought of getting up in the middle of the night to make sure all was okay.
But you were there to give me Perseverance.

Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the mutual feeling and special bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could affect my life so much and made me feel so important and happy.
I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.
But you were there to give me Joy.


But, when I became a Mom
I had known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mother and a Woman.
I just only knew that I was capable of feeling so much,
because of your Care and Affection.

2 comments:

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...