Friday, July 13, 2012

A dinner with my former students at Gerry’s Grill

Reblog from Oh! I LOVE Philippines 

take a pose with my students outside Gerry's Grill: From Left: Gypsy, Jennelyn, Me, Max, Andrei, Anyah, Jesse, and Rix
Tonight I have set a dinner date with my former students who are now working in Manila. Actually all of them have come from Surigao City, which is also my native town. These students of mine belong to the primary batches taking Information Technology degree at a state college where I am previously teaching some four years before. As pioneering groups, I happen to believe that “first impression lasts” because they have proved something and somewhat created a lasting impression on me. Most of all they are hardworking, talented, and dedicated who also set a high regard for themselves and keep focus toward their personal dreams. Mind you, they are innovative and active especially on class-related activities. Our relationship even goes beyond the school campus because we even consider each other as friends too. Most of them have shared their personal life and struggles to me. Having a humble and down-to-earth attitude I know they will succeed someday, and I my intuition never failed me. Now, they are earning the fruits of their sweat and hardships because they have been doing so well in their own career and path of achievement. I should say they have realized their aspirations in life. And now, I am excited to see them once again and try to know what they are up to after all these years.

Read More.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...