Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Other Half of Me, I call Dad

Jesse's carrying Andrei right after birth at the Hospital Nursery

Jesse seemed to be simple yet very interesting. This was how I portrayed him when our common-good friend introduced us to each other. At first sight, I know that there’s something in this young and good looking lad that I would certainly adore. Especially when he smiled and cracked jokes that lifted my spirit and kept me from being bored.
He normally chose a person he felt comfortable with. He used to treat his friends even in his own little ways. He cannot even say “no” even when it took him so much effort to keep the flow. He's sociable and at times you can find him in a disco, at the boulevard, or other shows. He has so many hobbies that keep him busy including reading, internet, poetry, and photography.
But we have a lot in common as well as contraries. He likes adventure and I love to travel. He likes techno-to-rock music and I love ballad-to-alternative melodies. He likes dining and I love cooking. He likes financial investments and I love building assets. He idolized Kurt Cobain but I adore Celine Dion. He likes orange color but I like red. He likes simply talking but I like dancing. Above all, we both love to be with each other despite of our flaws and life's consequences.
Then it was one summer that our love blossomed and then we finally became inseparable from each other.  And the rest as they say was history.
When we got married, I saw him an ideal husband and a perfect mate. I thought I knew all about him all the things we love and share. Though there maybe rocky roads, mountains or even potholes but we still manage to conquer them all. We live to our promise before God and mankind that we will keep our marriage - honest, pure, and worthwhile.
But when Andrei came along and he became a father, I saw new qualities that signified he had outgrew boy-next-door image and turn into someone we can treasure. He enriched all our lives with so much pleasure. Our child/children is/are forever blessed to have a father like him and we always feel the love deep within.
To top it all, he is my bestfriend, my comfort, and my strength. He is the other half of me that makes my life complete.. I call him DAD… my [D]efinitely [A]wesome [D]ude!
Happy Father’s Day ..Daddy Jesse… we always love you.


Young couple at the time when Andrei turned 1 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...