Saturday, June 11, 2011

Diamonds keep dearly in my heart


"Genuine frienship is like a single piece of diamond worth treasuring forever."

I like meeting people from all walks of life. Their stories and challenges keep me interested to discover the convoluted aspects of their true persona. And then, when our common interest, aspirations, attitudes strike in I started to establish a good friendship with them.



For years, I have collected all sorts of friends. Some of them are kind, passionate, thoughtful, and caring. But a few of them are arrogant, selfish, and harsh. But, regardless of their flaws and beauty I have accepted them for who they are and what they believe in. After all, they are just humans like me who are susceptible to make mistakes or perhaps can do amazing things but are still vulnerable.

But for me, having a genuine bunch of friendships in a perfectly distant-foreign land is another story. Most specially, when the place is totally different from what I am so used too.

When fate lead me to work in Oman, I had no prior idea as to the kind of life and people in the area except for one thought that it is in the Middle East and therefore it is an Arab country. I felt so strange and alone at the moment. Whenever, I saw airplane flying across the sky, my heart bleeds and begging myself to go home instead. However, my choice of a giving a good life to my family (as always my inspiration) is what keeps me holding on and composing myself to evolve.

Then on, I set forth to build a comfort zone with the people whom I can alleviate my homesickness and boredom. They have become my companion. Eventually, I found my so-called family in Oman. Our relationships work best because we intent to keep it in balanced. We cling on to the laughter, the tears, and the joy that flourished within us. My family in Oman has become part of my life’s priority knowing that I am  not just a part but an ingredient to spice up their life.

Each of my friends in Oman is like a piece of diamond that is rare to find and expensive yet priceless. They are worth keeping forever.

The time required for diamond creation is equally needed to develop the relationship deep within us. We stay with each other for years. The intense heat and pressure produced [similarly to life’s ups and downs] make our bonds stronger, harder, and indestructible. To reveal its real worth and beauty, it needs rigid process of surface scratching and cutting techniques in changing a diamond from a roughed stone into a faceted gem.

Until now, even when my husband and son are here, our bond remains tight that we continue to spend good and quality time together. This way we keep close to each other. The truth is ...they have become pieces of diamonds that I treasure and keep dearly in my heart for life.



These are the beautiful mommies and ladies (L-R) Cath, Ann, Melo, Me, Evelyn, Jackie with baby Lindsay

My friends during my 30th Bday at Home (L-R in front) Randy, Ken, Andrei, JM, Jesse, Gabby and
(L-R at the back) Evelyn, Rod, Me, Ann, Jane, Cath, and Alex

During the 2010 Chirstmas Party (L - R) Jesse, Elmer, Ric, Jane, Melo, Evelyn, Me, Cesar, Ann, and Cath
During Iana's Bday at McDonald (L - R) Cath, Evelyn, Ann, Me and Tita Rose

With the Moletas during their visit in Dec 2010 - Romeil, Bing, and kids Berna, Josh, and Karl
During my 29th Bday (L - R) Me, Lailany, Jhonna with baby Aisha

With former housemate Agnes. Taken at CAYC, Muscat

With Ms. Elena at our house lunch dinner

with Ms. Alma at a Bday Party
Our friends in Oman during Andrei's 6th Bday Party @ McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...