Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy hours at Happy Land

After taking our lunch at Muscat Grand Mall Food court we suppose to get back to the car and take a short nap, however as we pass along a very lively theme ride playground with many fascinating neon color lights, I am struck by the sounds of its fun rides. So I invited my kids and hubby to take a quick peek.
You will surely be happy at Happy Land Entertainment Center

Since it is Friday and a weekend in Middle East, most people prefer to stay home than going out, so this day worked in our favor because the playground is not too crowded when we stroll around. The place is new and very clean with a number of amazing rides, video game machines, and play booths.

my kids at the playground entrance
with my beautiful kids

Without a doubt, I head back to the counter and buy a HAPPY CARD that costs 2 Omani Rials. There are many promotions and group discounts but I prefer for the 2 Rials card because we will only stay in this area for few hours. The card provides access to rides and games that my kids want.

bump cars ride
The signage

First, Andrei hop into the bump car and riding for 2 minutes at a cost of 0.600 baiza. I am laughing and shouting while my son maneuvers the car’s steering wheel while being bump by other cars around. It seems that I am the only one enjoying the scenes and not my son because of his scowling face. He told me, he is upset of not being able to drive the car as he supposed to do because the gear paddle is stiff and hard. Well, i guess because it is new anyway.

the cost of one ride
my son in his car

But I manage to calm him down and let him decide his next ideal game machine – the War Tank at a price of 0.600 per play. This time, as a game-addict-little kid that he is, Andrei concentrates on the big panel screen as to how he can move strategically and fire down the enemies and win the game. That game literally develops his logical and analytical thinking.  No wonder my boy loves to solve puzzles and answers mind games too.

isn't he too serious huh??
this game has taken so much of his attention
Later, I join with little Anyah in the carousel ride. Anyah choose the static little donkey because she is quite comfortable with it. It costs 0.600 baiza for a 2 minutes merry-go-round ride. At first she is having fun while the carousel rotates throughout but eventually she wanted to step out and feel a bit dizzy.


the carousel ride
me n mygirl in the carousel
been having fun at first but eventually get a bit dizzy
Well, when we check the card what is left is only 0.200 baizas. Though my kids have only tried few of the many offerings in the park but I guess it is worth enough to get, at least, a little amusement we want for this day.

the Jolly Jump 8 at a cost of 1 OR per ride


it will toss you up and down while rotating around
the Word Trip
it will move you sideways as you are lifted upwards
look who loves to drive down the highway

in the dance revo

this baby really wants to dance once more
For sure, on our next visits I will prepare bigger bucks just to maximize our fun in this playground.

HAPPY LAND FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
is located near the entrance to food court and beside the City Cinema in
Muscat Grand Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...